For all you pet owners, I highly recommend getting pet insurance. Less than a month after rescuing Cuda (our Blue Heeler/Beagle mix pictured on top), he broke out of his cage and fractured his leg. He needed surgery - two pins - about $2600 in vet bills!
Luckily, my vet had recommended pet insurance and our policy for Cuda had become effective just in time (there is usually a couple of weeks waiting period). I only had to pay $100 deductible and 10%.
We went with Petsbest.com, 1-877-738-7237. Currently I have emergency care coverage (does not cover vaccinations,spaying/neutering, etc.) with $100 deductible and which covers 80%. For our three dogs it comes to $66 a month. Of course, rates vary depending on age, breed, previous conditions, etc.
Anytime a pet gets hurt, it stinks -- but it's much worse if you have to deal with a huge vet bill as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment