Description

Things that simplify and enhance my life and home...and hopefully yours too!

Monday, June 30, 2014

"WEB.STAGRAM.COM" for downloading photos from Instagram


When it comes to social media, Facebook is my poison of choice.  I find Facebook is enough of a time suck already -- I can only imagine how much time I would waste if I were active on instagram, twitter, snapchat, and the rest!  I only use Instagram and Twitter to keep an eye on what my kids and husband are up to! 

My teenage kids, however, hardly ever use Facebook.  Instagram is their 1st choice.  And since they have the newest iphones that take much better photos than my android phone, they usually snap awesome photos when we are on vacation while my photos are mediocre at best.  

Well, of course I want their photos so I can upload and share them on Facebook!  As you may know, Instagram does not allow you to download the photos!!  I have three options for getting the pictures: 1) bug my child to send me the photo (you have no idea how much of a chore this can be for them!), 2) take a screen shot of the instagram photo and crop out all the extra stuff (diminishing picture quality), or 3) USE WEB.STAGRAM!! 

Web.stagram is an Instagram Web Viewer program that has a whole bunch of features -- much more than I will ever use!  Honestly, I only use it to download pictures from Instagram that I want to save for myself -- for whatever reason!  

Here's how it works:  
1) go to web.stagram.com
2) type in the Instagram name of the person whose photo(s) you want to download
3) select the user when the name comes up under search results
4) now all of their posts are shown
5) now you can download a photo like you normally would  (control-click, save image as -- on macs)!

This is great for photos on Instagram from family, friends, celebrities -- anyone whose photo you would like to download and keep for yourself!!  

Happy downloading!


No comments:

Post a Comment