Description

Things that simplify and enhance my life and home...and hopefully yours too!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

LaCie Rugged Mini External Hard Drive


This is a great little device for either extra storage or as an external back-up for your laptop.  I was introduced to this when I switched from a PC to a Macbook and didn't have enough hard drive space for all our pictures and videos.  Photos of car shows and events and videos of track time add up quickly!  ;-)

I use it as the location for my photo library and also for back-up of my entire hard drive.  It's definitely small enough that it's not an inconvenience to have with me in my office or when I am traveling.  If you want ultimate peace of mind, the apple store guy actually recommends a second one that you back-up to periodically and put in a water/fire-proof safe.

It has also been helpful for transferring large numbers of photos to friends and family.  

Available in 500GB for $79.99 or $89.99 for faster speed, and 1TB for $117 on Amazon.  I got the 1TB which is more than plenty for now.  Also available at many other retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment