Description

Things that simplify and enhance my life and home...and hopefully yours too!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

On-Line Shopping Tools

I like to do as much of my shopping on-line as possible.  I find better selection and better prices.

Here are my favorite on-line shopping tools:

Amazon Prime -- I can find almost everything I need on Amazon, and the great majority of those items - on Amazon Prime.  For just $79 a year, Amazon prime gives you 2-day free shipping and $3/item 1-day shipping.  Also gives you instant streaming of many TV shows and movies, and access to Kindle lending library.  The greatest benefit to me is the free 2-day shipping -- once I order something, I want it ASAP!  :-)   I have been an Amazon Prime member since 2007 - WOW!

www.froogle.com -- this is Google's shopping website.  I use this when I have a specific item in mind and I want to find it at the best price.  It gives you a list of retailers carrying a specific product.

www.retailmenot.com -- this and similar coupon websites often have coupon / promo codes which can save you money.  I always love it when I go here and find a 10% or 20% off code I can apply to my order!!

www.upromise.com -- this is a shopping portal where participating retailers give back a % of your purchase as a contribution to a 529 education fund for college.  They have thousands of retailers and restaurants that contribute as much as 10% or more!  I have been a member since 2001 and have received over $3000 in contributions!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment