My friends and family all know that The Cheesecake Factory is my all-time FAVORITE restaurant. Practically an obsession really.
A bit of history: the founders - Oscar & Evelyn Overton - first opened a small cheesecake shop in Detroit in the late 1940's. In the early 70's, they moved their cheesecake business to L.A. In 1978, their son opened the first Cheesecake Factory Restaurant in Beverly Hills. Now their are 169 restaurants with more being added every year!
What is ironic is that even though it started in Detroit, we here in Michigan didn't get our first Cheesecake Factory until summer of 2013!! Thus my obsession with going to Cheesecake Factory whenever I travel. I am happy to say that I have been to the 1st location - Beverly Hills - as well as the busiest location - Waikiki Beach. And of course, many more!
What I love:
- huge menu (it actually is a book with ads from local vendors!)
- 35+ cheesecake options
- Sunday Brunch
- SkinnyLicious (lower-calorie) menu
- excellent service
- the honey wheat bread (feel free to ask for more)
- that they carry Coke fountain products, including Coke Zero
Tricks of the trade:
- The Cheesecake Factory does not take reservations. Wait times can easily be 2 - 3 hours, and I have heard as long as 5 hours on a weekend!
- I like to go right when it opens, hence the top picture which was taken at The Cheesecake Factory in Chicago when we were the first ones there! By the time you leave, there is usually a long wait!
- An option for smaller parties is the bar area - which is first come, first served. You can put your name in for a table and then hover in the bar area in case a table opens up. The same full menu is available in the bar area.
- Go with friends so you can order and taste more cheesecakes!
- I also recommend getting your cheesecake a la mode!
ENJOY!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment