Call me old school, but for whatever reason, I resisted for the longest time the ability to deposit checks by taking a picture and uploading them via your smart phone. Well, I finally decided to give it a try. I downloaded the app to my smart phone, logged into my account, and easily figured out how to deposit a check. Watch this demo for PNC Bank to get a general feel for how it works.
A few issues:
- check if your bank offers this service.
- note your bank's limitations on total amount and number of checks per month.
- certain checks that have busy backgrounds or a check with messy penmanship may not be able to be processed, so you would have to bring in the check to a bank branch.
But in general, I LOVE THIS!! Using this service, I now hardly have to go to the bank at all! Plus you get checks deposited more quickly, reducing the possibility of losing them.
Please check with your individual bank to see if they offer this service. If they do, I urge you to give it a try!

No comments:
Post a Comment