Description

Things that simplify and enhance my life and home...and hopefully yours too!

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Free-standing Pull-up/Chin-up Bar -- Stamina 1690 Power Tower




So….I have tried many home workout programs - P90X, P90X3, T25, Insanity… several of them call for a pull-up / chin-up bar.  If you too are skeptical about the ones that fit over a door frame, I highly recommend the Stamina 1690 Power Tower.  If you have the space -- it's great!  No worries about whether or not it will hurt or work with your door frame - and it supports push-ups, sit-ups and triceps dips too!

Cost is reasonable, $90 through Amazon when I bought last December, although currently $120.  It is well-made and very sturdy, weight limit is 250 pounds.  Make sure to torque the bolts well.

I recommend getting a mat (less than $30) for underneath and a pull-up assist band ($47 for this Beachbody one through amazon) if you need help like I do!

Happy working out!



No comments:

Post a Comment